about make art with us
Through times of uncertainty, art has the power to comfort
and heal. Make Art With Us is about taking a moment to
create and connect with UC San Diego. We encourage you to
unplug, make art, and mail it out for all to enjoy. Let your
creativity shine and make a postcard for our community art
Note: No prior artistic experience necessary. Let your inner 1st grade self-expression take charge. Plus, you can send your art anonymously, so there is no pressure. Of course, if you want to sign your Picasso, please do.
Project begins on May 1st
and continues through Summer 2020
help! i need a postcard
1. Fill out the
2. ASGS will mail you an envelope with a blank postcard complete with postage.
3. Create your art anywhere in the blank space of the postcard.
4. Date your postcard (You can choose to keep your art anonymous or sign your work)
5. Send the postcard back in the mail
diy : i'll make my postcard
1. Make your own postcard using cardstock, cardboard, or upcycle a cereal or soda box:
a. First-Class Postcard Postage
Postcard must be at least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick.
b. First-Class Letter Postage
Postcard must not be larger 6-1/8" x 11-1/2" x 1/4" thick
c. Read more at USPS.com
2. Date your postcard (You can choose to keep your art
anonymous or sign your work).
3. Mail your postcard to
AS GRAPHIC STUDIO
PO Box 15307
San Diego, CA, 92175
Use your postcard to create the following:
Drawing   •   Illustration   •   Sketch   •   Poem   •   Quote   •   Day in the life - diary entry   •   song/lyrics   •   thank you note
thank you for making art with us
By participating in Make Art With Us, you give AS Graphic Studio, Associated Students, and UC San Diego permission to showcase your postcard artwork.
Email AS Graphic Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Add Make Art With Us in the subject line.